The Stewpot After-school Program provides a safe haven – a loving, nurturing environment in which both children and teens can get educational assistance, build self-esteem and interact with positive role models whose goal is to see them graduate and live full, successful lives.
- Children and teens must live in the general area surrounding our 1100 West Capitol St location and attend one of the local schools.
- Priority is given to children and teens currently living in our shelters and those who have attended our program previously.
- Enrollment for the after-school program begins in July.
Visit the links below to learn more:
Children’s Program – (ages 4 – 10) or contact Shamberi Horton at 601-353-2759
Youth Enrichment Program – (ages 11 – 18) or contact Yolanda Kirkland at 601-353-2759.
Ongoing needs –
- Stand-sized science fair boards
- Time clocks (for math and spelling bees)
- Pencil sharpener (electric or manual)
- Construction paper
- Loose leaf paper
- Three-hole prong folders
- Folder dividers
- Glue sticks and bottles